My Valedictory Address:
It is of great privilege and pride to be right here in front of you, my dear parents, teachers, schoolmates, guests, ladies and gentlemen, let me first say, Good Afternoon…
I’d like to ask my fellow graduates to indulge me for a moment and think of the lowest time during your years at Dalaguete Central Elementary School, maybe it was the assignment where you couldn’t understand the questions, let alone the answers or the final exam where you were only able to answer half problems..It’s not a pleasant thought is it? Now look around you and think of today. We made it and we did it together. Of course we’re not the only ones on the journey and it wouldn’t be right to continue without a few “thank you” to the people who are behind the success we have today.
Our heartfelt gratitude to our teachers, who have imparted their knowledge, molded and trained us with patience, and sacrifices. We will leave this school equipped with skills and moral values. Thank you our dear mentors, to our parents, their guidance and encouragement make us what we are today, of course to my Daddy who works hard for us, a distant worker from the US, striving a lot to sustain our needs and our studies. Though he is not around here, I would like to express how grateful I am for having such kind of gorgeous father who readily sacrifices much of solitude away from his family for the sake of our future. Thank you very much Dad, and never could I find a word of describing how fortunate I am, even the luckiest of having the most wonderful woman in my life, my superwoman Mom, who never stops teaching me, nurturing me, to who and what I am now. I know, I could never get what I have now w/o her endless, timeless effort & support. Mom “thank you” very much, I’m so proud of you. This gains I have now, is for you , my parents, my brothers and my family…
Graduation marks the end of my elementary years and the starting point of another course; a beginning of another step, the secondary level. Fears arise to our minds. What we ended is another start for a bigger challenge in life. It implies responsibility and burden to us so we should think of a way to surmount life’s innumerable struggle to build a better tomorrow. Just as every step of the stairs leads up to the threshold or like curtains that open as we walk through them, step by step until the final one is reached, which open to a magnificent vista of unending horizon. Let’s go hand in hand, face/the new challenges with more braveness. Continue to accept the pains for gains are always there…But let us always remain humble, diligent in our studies, and aim to realize our dreams.
What we need is merely focus; focus on what we should do. Let’s always have to make a big difference on what is right from wrong, since it is always a process to learn many things in our lives everyday, what we think is good, let’s do it and make the best out of it. Let us not stop working, but continue to face the facts that life is always a struggle. All of these could not be achieved without the “LORD ALMIGHTY FATHER’S “ guidance and blessings. Pray without ceasing, Thank you Lord for everything….
Ladies & gentlemen the prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning. And it’s not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. My friends, from the bottom of my heart Thank You & GOD BLESS…
Hearty Danmarc M. Canillo
- Valedictorian


No comments:
Post a Comment